2.01.2010

Embroidery Hoops as Frames

I was in New York yesterday to visit some friends, and spent some time picking out new fabrics from Purl Patchwork. On the wall where you walk in they had a whole collage of embroidery hoops with fabric in them and it really got me thinking. Last week I went through my bins and realized how much awesome fabric I have accumulated, some of it I love too much to cut up. This would be the perfect way to show off some of my favorite patterns instead of keeping them locked up in a box! Here is a link to Purl's tutorial for creating the frames, and some more lovely inspiration!

Springchick4
Spring Chick's Craft Room via// Modish

Fabric Hoops
Paige's Nursery via// Megan Carty

Fabric in embroidery hoops wall art by emmmylizzzy.
For Phoebe's Room via// EmmyLizzy's Flickr Stream


1 comment:

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

these are so pretty! they would look gorgeous with Liberty of London fabric too. thanks for the inspiration! xo